Re: Program to monitor line quality?

From: Ralf G. R. Bergs (rabe@RWTH-Aachen.DE)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 16:59:04 EST

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000 19:27:04 +0100, Dietmar Goldbeck wrote:

>> is there a program/package to monitor the "line quality" (read
"availability"
>> with respect to packet roundtrip times to a Point-to-Point peer or some
other
>> topologically short-ranged host)?
>
>You can use fping for that. 2 perl scripts for testing are
>included in mon
>http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/admin/mon/html/

Thanks for this URL. I will have a look at it to see whether it's of use for
me.

>I have a script, for use with cricket that measures

What is "cricket?"

>min, max, avg round trip time and packet loss. I append it here.
>Should be easy to add some alarm when some parameter is out of an
>acceptable range.

Thanks, I will also have a look at that script, since at first glance I
don't see the advantage over a simple "ping -c 10 <host>"

Ralf

--
Sign the EU petition against SPAM:          L I N U X       .~.
http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/        The  Choice      /V\