cwin During Congestion Avoidance

From: Martin McSweeney (mmcsween@hopper.math.uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 16:17:33 EST

Hello,
        I have a question to anyone who is familiar with the Linux
congestion avoidance implementation. RFC 2001 states that during
congestion avoidance, the congestion window should be incremented by
segsize*segsize/cwnd each time an ACK is received.
Is this what Linux 2.2 is doing? My observations of some traces show that
it is actually being increased at a rate of
        (segsize*segsize/cwnd) / 2
for each ACK (ie. once per every other RTT as opposed to once a RTT).

thanks,
Martin