Routing same subnet problem

From: Thomas Kotzian (thomasko321d@gmx.at)
Date: Sat Apr 28 2001 - 06:33:04 EST

I have a router (later it should serve as firewall).

eth0: xxx.xxx.xxx.7/25 (to external router(xxx.xxx.xxx.1/25))
eth1: xxx.xxx.xxx.8/25 (to DMZ)

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx are official internet addresses.

network environment:

   INTERNET

  +--------+
  |external|
  | router |
  +--------+ xxx.xxx.xxx.1/25

  +--------+ xxx.xxx.xxx.7/25
  |firewall|
  | |
  +--------+ xxx.xxx.xxx.8/25

      DMZ

route of the firewall:
xxx.xxx.xxx.1 eth0
xxx.xxx.xxx.0 eth1
default xxx.xxx.xxx.1

with this configuration i can ping from the firewall the router and the
computers in the DMZ. but I can't get from DMZ to external router.

ip_forward is "1".
linux-kernel 2.2.19

what do i have to do to have a DMZ without bridging? - how do i have to
configure routing. - please help!

Sorry for my bad english

Thomas K.