RE: removing ip aliases

From: Serge Maandag (serge.maandag@staff.zeelandnet.nl)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 07:59:07 EST

netcfg didn't do the trick. I removed the asliases, but it downed the
whole interface. When I put it up again with ifconfig eth1 up, all
aliases were back again :(

I did remove the aliased ifcfg.... files and tried 'ifconfig eth1 down
/up', tried 'ifdown/ifup' and even tried '/etc/rc.d/init.d/network
restart'. All in vain. a reboot probably would do the trick, but I can't
imagine that would be necessary. Besides, it's a busy little machine.

I am using net-tools-1.53-1, which looks quite fresh to me.

Anyone got hints left?

Serge.