Re: Linksys card

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Sun Jul 08 2001 - 12:45:19 EST

Ron Alford wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Jul 2001, Donald Becker wrote:
>
> > The ns820.c driver works at 10/100, but the 5/18/2001 version still has
> > two issues:
> > automatically switching to 1000 speed with some transceivers
> > detecting using 32 bit mode when the 821 is on a 64 bit bus
>
> I heard Ben LaHaise was working on porting the ns820 driver over to the
> 2.4 kernels. Any word on his progress?
> I'm rather bored at work, I might be interested in poking around with
> this driver. I guess there's no Linux-Network-Driver-Programing-HOWTO is
> there? Anything I should look at?

For porting ns820.c to 2.4?

Compare Donald Becker's latest *.c with the 2.4.6 kernel's
drivers/net/*.c. Several of the 2.4 drivers are straightforward ports
of the scyld.com drivers.

epic100.c would probably be a good comparison to start with.

If you get something working in 2.4, please do send me a patch so that
others can benefit.

Regards,

        Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik      | A recent study has shown that too much soup
Building 1024    | can cause malaise in laboratory mice.