Re: insmod: unresolved symbol tcp_statistics error!

From: Richard Adams (pa3gcu@zeelandnet.nl)
Date: Thu Nov 22 2001 - 01:49:09 EST

On Thursday 22 November 2001 06:18, Mehta, Phoram Kirtikumar (UMKC-Student)
wrote:
> hello,
> i am trying to add a module to my kernel(2.2.16). i use the global
> variable tcp_statistics in the module. when i try to insmod the module,
> i get unresolved symbol: tcp statistics error.

Unresolved Symbols are a result of trying to insert a module which has a
command or phrase which cannot be verified in your module, this in turn means
that your module must be dependant on another module, which one i dont know,
however tcp_statistics is defined in /usr/src/lionux/include/net/tcp.h, that
should give you something to go on and help you further.

Another possable way to get more information is using the program "strace"
with insmod.

--
Regards Richard
pa3gcu@zeelandnet.nl