Re: errors on my interfaces

From: Madhav Diwan (mdiwan@wagweb.com)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 15:28:53 EST

Thank you Mr Becker.
 That is exactly the information I was looking for .

Its very odd but this error behavior is showing up on a rtl8139 card
linked into a ciso switch.
The switch itself reports frame checksum errors from the port into
which the nic is plugged. The switch port is forced at 100 Full , the
Realtec tries to Autonegotiate.

 I am going to try forcing the media type to see what happens.

  by the way .. i'd like to report some odd behavior from a rtl8139 card
i have .. I am useing the rtl8139-diag program from your site to
adjust the media type . It seems that if i force the media type i have
to discontinue power to the nic card before the new register entry takes
effect ... No biggie .. but its anoying that i actually have to turn the
boxes power off before the new setting takes effect.

(sometimes this occurs natuarlly after a reboot command .. ie i see the
light onb the hub go out for a second and then come back. then i know it
took without me having to turn the power off)

thanks again

 Madhav