guaranteed bandwidth

From: thspeck@web.de
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 18:03:15 EST

Hi there !
I've the following problem:
I have a DSL connection over the ppp0 interface and I would like to setup a route to a server which is guaranteedd to a certain speed. That means I would like to have this bandwidth for outgoing and incoming packets no matter what the overall load is.
An application would be very simple: I'd like to continue to hear some web radio when I download kernel source ;-)
I already looked at cbq but it looks to me that it only works for outgoing packets.
So how would this be possible ? Some faq would also be fine ... :)

--
Thomas
P.S.: Please cc to me, I'm not on the list ...

(sorry for the spam following)

______________________________________________________________________________ Die schönsten Ski-Regionen der Alpen - jetzt bei Ferienklick.de http://ferienklick.de/ski/?PP=2-5-100-105-38