Re: guaranteed bandwidth

From: Stefan Radomski (beorn@gmx.net)
Date: Sat Jan 05 2002 - 15:30:54 EST

On Sat, 5 Jan 2002 00:03:15 +0100
<thspeck@web.de> wrote:

> Hi there !
> I've the following problem:
> I have a DSL connection over the ppp0 interface and I would like to
setup a route to a server which is guaranteedd to a certain speed. That
means I would like to have this bandwidth for outgoing and incoming
packets no matter what the overall load is.> An application would be very
simple: I'd like to continue to hear some web radio when I download kernel
source ;-)> I already looked at cbq but it looks to me that it only works
for outgoing packets.> So how would this be possible ? Some faq would also
be fine ... :)>

take a look at the linux advanced routing howto at:
http://www.ds9a.nl/2.4Routing/HOWTO//cvs/2.4routing/output/2.4routing.html

traffic control and friends are described there.

--

"boredom is not a burden anyone should bear"