arp problems with 2.4.16 and 2.4.17

From: Nuno Filipe R. Ferreira (nuno.ferreira@globalti.pt)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 09:45:00 EST

Hi all,

I am sorry if this question has already been answered, I have just now
subscribed to the list.

I have a firewall and mail relay built upon RH7.2
Up until now it has been running a custom (not stock) 2.4.7-10 kernel.
This box has the auto proxy-arp feature enabled.

Now, the exactly same configuration with kernel 2.4.16 and 2.4.17 (built
from the current kernel .config) does _not_ work anymore.
I get destination unreachable when I try to ping *any* machine and have
some incomplete entries in arp cache.

Can anyone help me, please?

TIA,
Nuno