Re: TCP bandwidth throttling per connection?

From: Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk (roy@karlsbakk.net)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 13:26:40 EST

> > Do anyone know how I can do TCP bandwidth throttling _per connection_ in
> > Linux?
>
> It depends on how the connection is distingushed. If you want to throttle for
> specific ports or src/dst IP addresses or TOS you can mark them with iptables
> or u32 and throttle with CBQ/TBF.
> If you just want to share bandwidth of a link fair between
> connection you also use the SFQ scheduler.
> There are also other ways.
> For more details see the appropiate HOWTOs.

What I want is <n> clients (ip addresses) having a max <n> Mbps. It can be
set on the connection, or on the IP, it really doesn't matter, so I guess
the IP's easiest.

It needs to be fast, as the server will deliver some 500Mbps.

roy

--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk, MCSE, MCNE, CLS, LCA

Computers are like air conditioners. They stop working when you open Windows.