Re: hires timestamps for netif_rx()

From: kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 14:00:52 EST

Hello!

> The discreprency is that get_fast_time() returns the current value of
> xtime,

Hmm, am I not alone holding an 386 on my desk? :-)
I am afraid it is the only machine in readius of kilometer here
where get_fast_time != do_gettimeofday identically.

But the issue is right if to be pedantic, on 386 get_fast_time()
is really badly broken. And an option returning it to do_gettimeofday()
really could exist. Especially tking into account that this is incredibly
easy.

Alexey