Re: Policy routing work in 2.2 but not in 2.4

From: Theodor Milkov (zimage@delbg.com)
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 04:19:24 EST

After reading various RFCs (791, 1391, 1724, 1725 etc.), other documents and a
bit of experimenting I decided to use the three less significant bits of DS
field. I.e. TOS values of 0x04, 0x08 and 0x10 cause I have a lot of machines
that have no chance to understand new DS field ever, and it seems that Linux
kernel can't policy routing based on former precedence field from RFC1391. It
works now, but I'm curious whether this setup will suddenly stop working in few
months because of new changes in Linux kernel and surrounding tools?

--
    Theodor Milkov           Administrator IP Networks
    Davidov Net              Phone: +359 (2) 730158