Re: none (mail2news: m2n-3C98A9AC-6442)

From: Bernd Eckenfels (ecki-news2002-03@lina.inka.de)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 15:28:21 EST

In article <D397A7FACCC45A44A0A207FD892961EA6F33FE@RIOVOUGA> you wrote:
> I would like to know how IP multipath works, and how I can setup it.
> What about if the destination is unreachble from one route ? Is the network
> traffic redirected to the other routes? Thanks in advance.

Depends on your configuration. IP Multipath (i.e. rerouting) works on
different levels:

a) link level (i.e. bonding)
b) local static routs (i.e. neighbour alive discovery)
c) dyn routing (i.e. RIP/OSPF)

In WAN Situations Interior and Exterior Routing Protocols are used which
find sooner/later a new route to an destionation (if there is one).

Greetings
Bernd