FTP transfer limit - help!

From: Marek Malowidzki (malowidz@wil.waw.pl)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 18:58:14 EST

I am sorry if this question is too simple. But after seeking for a few hours I
am completely lost and hope that someone could cut my problem.

I am testing (trying to...) FTP performance (Linux 2.4.7-10 from RedHat 7.2
distribution). It contains wu-ftpd ftp daemon. The problem is as follows: when
ftp client connects to the server and downloads files quickly one after another,
the server returns the following response:

221-Total traffic for this session was 8555 bytes in 1 seconds

How to get rid of this limitation? I was trying in:

/etc/ftpaccess (and KWuFtpd config, which in fact alters this file)
/etc/xinit.conf
/etc/xinit.d/wu-ftpd.conf

and have found nothing. Where is this limitation set?

PS. are there any other settings which could affect FTP performance in a
considerable way (more than one millisec, lets say).

Thanks,

Marek