Linux tcpPassiveOpens in kernel

From: tony bourke (tony@vegan.net)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 15:36:27 EST

Hello,

Sami Farin recommended I bring this up with this list. I was doing
research into performance metrics when I noticed that tcpPassiveOpens
counter wasn't being incremented in the Linux kernel.

tcp.tcpActiveOpens.0 = Counter32: 102942
tcp.tcpPassiveOpens.0 = Counter32: 0

Upon investigation, I saw an email on a list, an exchange between Sami and
Alan Cox:

http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/net/9909.1/0151.html

Is it possible to include the tcpPassiveOpens counter? For keeping track
of performance metrics, tcpPassiveOpens can be quite valuable.

Thank you for your time,

Tony

--
Tony Bourke				tony@vegan.net