2.5 and Network Stack changes

From: Jon Grimm (jgrimm@austin.ibm.com)
Date: Mon Apr 01 2002 - 14:14:02 EST

Hello,
        Are there any major planned changes for the network stack in 2.5
(vs.
2.4)? I know of some cleanup that has occured with regards to the
struct sock (sock slab cache and some field work) and it looks like the
IPv6 code is planning on getting updated. I also seem some general
kernel header file rework that is occuring that could hit just about
anybody.

        I work on the lksctp project (http://www.sf.net/projects/lksctp)
and we
have not yet attempted playing with 2.5. As such, I'm trying to get a
feel for the measure of work that we may encounter when moving from 2.4
to 2.5.

        I see Guillaume Boissiere's 2.5 status page, but do not see many
items
that would be network stack shaking changes.

Best Regards and thanks for any advice,
Jon Grimm