simulate delays and packet drops in tcp /udp

From: Joe Knowling (linux_joe2003@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 02 2002 - 15:20:59 EST

I'd like to be able to simulate network congestion and
delays on a tcp / udp connection on a single host -
essentially connecting via the loopback interface.
Before
going on to hack some kind of delay /drop layer I
thought
I'd check to see if there already is something
available.

I did try nistnet2.0.12 for the 2.4.18 but couldnt get
the configuration to work - hence this question

In case this isnt the right mailing list for such
questions I'd appreciate it if you could point me to
the correct forum

do let me know
thanks
Joe K