Please help Newbie question

From: Joe Knowling (linux_joe2003@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 13:42:57 EST

Ive been trying to introduce delays in packet
processing by using code like this in a netfilter
module.

j = jiffies + RB_RTT_DELAY;
       while (jiffies < j)
               schedule();

However the system hangs when i do this and yet this
is an example from the Linux Device Driver book.
Please do let me know what I am doing wrong.

I suspect this forum is a little too advanced to
answer questions like mine. If this is the case i'd
also be grateful if you could point me to the correct
newgroup or mailing list

thanks
Joe K