TCP/IP from the kernel

From: Frank (raulmurillo@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 10:55:42 EST

Hi everyone,
Would anyone know if there is a driver for TCP/IP
transmission from the kernel? I have a module that
generates data. Using a block of shared memory this data is
passed to a user space process, which then sends it to the
network. I was wondering why there aren't functions for
network communication that can be used from within the
kernel and how difficult it would be to write a driver to
do so. I guess this is just a conceptual question.

many thanks

=====
EL DIABLO ESCOCES