Re: destination unreachables with raw sockets and a bind

From: kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 15:19:07 EST

Hello!

> so you're telling me that you have instructed ping to bind to a specific
> address, and that you've received some destination unreachable ICMP
> messages from a different machine, and you're seeing them?

Lots of them. :-)

Moreover, your example also works:

root@mops:/var/tmp # ./a.out
got something on the bound socket
got something on the unbound socket

Well, if you really expect to get this something. :-)

Moreover, the "fix" which you make cannot affect behaviour of your program
at all, you can look inside raw_err() to be sure that it is exact noop in your
case.

Alexey