Re: socket interface to a new protocol

From: Nivedita Singhvi (niv@us.ibm.com)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 12:43:47 EST

> > Have you looked at SCTP?
> Yes.
>
> But I am more interested in 'how-to' provide socket interface
> to a new procotol [read: of new domain/type than mentioned in
> socket(2)]
> Also this protocol will be a kernel-module.

I was referring to its kernel implementation in Linux and
its adaption of the socket interface for its own needs..
Although its still an AF_INET protocol, looking at it
perhaps along with any of the other non-AF_INET protocols
in the net dir for the minor diffs should probably be
enough for your needs?

thanks,
Nivedita