[Question] Use of CONFIG_X86_TSC in pkt_sched.h and profile.h

From: john stultz (johnstul@us.ibm.com)
Date: Sat Jan 25 2003 - 17:30:20 EST

Hi all,
        I've been slowly working on yanking the CONFIG_X86_TSC option (using
cpu_has_tsc as a runtime switch instead), and the only troubling spots
left are in include/net/pkt_sched.h and include/net/profile.h.

In pkt_sched.h, it appears PSCHED_CLOCK_SOURCE is always PSCHED_JIFFIES,
so the CONFIG_X86_TSC'ed code under PSCHED_CPU is never even used. Would
anyone object to dropping the PSCHED_CPU chunk?

The profile.h code is a bit more tricky because we toss around timeval
but in some cases use them for the 64bit rdtscl values, thus the math is
different for each case. A conversion could be made from one unit to the
other, so it isn't a complete blocker, but I wanted to at least ask
around to see if anyone would scream if I changed that bit of code.

Comments, flames?

thanks
-john