Re: via-rhineII troubles with APIC

From: Roger Luethi (rl@hellgate.ch)
Date: Sun Jan 26 2003 - 11:09:41 EST

On Sun, 26 Jan 2003 17:28:57 +1100, Daniel Stone wrote:
> I've got an Abit KD7 board (KT400 chipset), and I've had the same
> troubles with the via-rhineII - phy status 748d, resetting, failed to
> reset, and nothing ever gets solved. Booting with 'noapic' solves it.

I am not aware of anybody with IO-APIC hardware working on the problem, but
as far as the failing reset goes, you may want to try this patch I posted
about a month ago. It works for me and I had one report of it fixing the
reset failure on Rhine-II. I don't expect it to make everything work,
feedback is welcome nonetheless.

Roger