send and looping

From: thomas joseph (thomascanny@yahoo.co.nz)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 00:13:15 EST

Hi All,

I ahve a small question on using send with sockets.
On normal circumstances can I assume that "send always
sends specified bytes completely" or Do I need to
check for the return value and continue looping till
I send the complete data.

 The man pgaes of send say that send normally blocks
 when there is no buffer space left. But the man
 pages of select_tut say that "send" is not assured
of
 sending the complete data.

 Can somebody suggestme on what approach do I need to
take. Hope this is the right place to ask this
question.

 Thanks and Regards,
 --thomas

- What's on at your local cinema?