SNAP packet

From: D Qi (dqi@freenet.co.uk)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 18:26:39 EST

Fellows,

I am writing a network driver for 2.4.10 kernel on ARM Integrator. It
works almost properly by now(normal telnet, ftp etc works). Now we are
tring to do some tests. It seems it refuse to response to the SNAP
frame. We are pretty sure the hardware received it and passed it to the
driver, the driver then passed it to the kernel. But the problem is the
kernel won't reponse to it.

Is this a issue for the network setting of the running Linux box or some
thing else? Does SNAP frame work by default or is there some thing need
to be done at the driver level? Please help.

Thanks,

David