Re: Strange network issues using jumbo packets.

From: Mike_Phillips@URSCorp.com
Date: Wed Mar 05 2003 - 15:52:19 EST

I had something similar with the token ring drivers and sockets. The
network code drops packets where the sk_buff size is greater than the
socket buffer size. On NFS (which defaults to 2048 byte packets) this was
a killer as the t/r default mtu is 4096. Fix in the driver is to test the
packet size and copy it over to a correctly sized sk_buff as most packets
are easily less than the 2048 byte range. (ugly, but works)

Mike

Brent Clements <bclem@rice.edu>
Sent by: linux-net-owner@vger.kernel.org
03/05/03 03:40 PM