Re: Will AF_UNIX drop packets ever?

From: David S. Miller (davem@redhat.com)
Date: Wed Mar 05 2003 - 17:04:28 EST

   From: "H. Peter Anvin" <hpa@zytor.com>
   Date: 5 Mar 2003 13:24:58 -0800

   Question... I have heard conflicting info if (AF_UNIX, SOCK_DGRAM)
   sockets will drop packets or not. I would appreciate a conclusive
   answer for the Linux kernel specifically. Alternatively, is (AF_UNIX,
   SOCK_SEQPACKET) implemented in Linux?

If sendmsg returns no errors, we reliably send the data and
do not drop it.

We don't have AF_UNIX/SEQPACKET, but we do have AF_UNIX/STREAM.