Re: [VLAN] linux and super vlan

From: Matti Aarnio (matti.aarnio@zmailer.org)
Date: Thu Apr 10 2003 - 08:33:56 EST

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 02:41:02PM +0200, Daniel Larsson wrote:
> Anyone who has setup a linux box with super-vlan?

Do you mean what is described at:
   http://www.faqs.org/ftp/rfc/rfc3069.txt

I don't think Linux IP routing supports that.
VLANs are just an external ethernet multiplexor giving the box
a number of "virtual" ethernet ports for other uses. On top of
those ports, various applications, like IP routing can be done.
... but can RFC 3069 really be done, I don't know.

> MVH Daniel

/Matti Aarnio