Re: Netlink and IPv6

From: Mathew Richardson (mrr@nexthop.com)
Date: Fri Apr 11 2003 - 11:27:50 EST

> David S. Miller <davem@redhat.com> [Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 11:38:20PM -0700]:
> From: kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru
> Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 23:48:02 +0400 (MSD)
>
> > I'm including a patch that avoids touching in6_rtmsg, and instead
> > passes the netlink message around. Is this acceptable?
>
> Yes, it looks OK. [original diff is copied for Dave]
>
>Applied.

I'm not too familiar with the Linux kernel development cycle. I assume
that this means that the fix will (eventually) show up in the 2.4 train
of kernels. If so, which 2.4 should I look for it to arrive in? Will it
also show up in 2.6 when that's released, or should I start pulling the
fix up to 2.5 now?

mrr