Re: [2.5.67] oops in tcp_v6_get_port.

From: Ian Kumlien (pomac@vapor.com)
Date: Sun Apr 13 2003 - 18:45:12 EST

On Mon, 2003-04-14 at 01:29, David S. Miller wrote:
> From: Ian Kumlien <pomac@vapor.com>
> Date: 13 Apr 2003 14:07:12 +0200
>
> I know my kernel is tainted, but i don't think that the nvidia driver
> although it's possible.
>
> We've seen it corrupt the buffer cache and the page cache before, so
> corrupting other areas of memory is entirely not out of the question.

hummm, i could try to leave it running without the binary nvidia
driver... But it took several days to get it to crash.

Have anyone given pointers to ripperda and the rest of the nvidia crew?
Coudln't there be some "shielded" module api, ie, the modules couldn't
wreck havock and you could have simpler debug sessions when doing module
dev work... (or is there already such a system? if there is, i want to
test it)

Anyways, i'll wait for word before taking any action.
(btw, this machine runs a dmfe.c patch from Andrew Morton that should be
somewhere in your inbox, aswell)

--
Ian Kumlien <pomac@vapor.com>