Re: [IGMPv3/MLDv2] Problem using host implementation on 2.6.0-test1

From: Hitoshi Asaeda (Hitoshi.Asaeda@sophia.inria.fr)
Date: Mon Jul 28 2003 - 03:44:17 EST

> So there is no reason we have to use any particular type for the
> IGMPv3/MLDv2 interfaces provided by the kernel, we can use whatever
> types we want.

"whatever you want"... I think your statement seems a little strange,
but, ... ok, as you want.

Anyway, so, what is the benefit to use __u32 for the members of
"struct ip_mreq_source", even though "struct ip_mreq" uses in_addr?
Such __u32 definition makes application programmers confuse and use
"#ifdef Linux" or "#ifndef Linux" stuff in their codes.
What is your favor?

--
Hitoshi Asaeda