Re: [OOPS] linux 2.6, lots of ipsec traffic while rebooting box.

From: Ranjeet Shetye (ranjeet.shetye2@zultys.com)
Date: Mon Jul 28 2003 - 20:12:06 EST

On 2003.07.25 20:16, James Morris wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, Ranjeet Shetye wrote:
>
> > Linux 2.6 was running netserver as part of netperf testing. While
> IPSec
> > traffic was running, I issued a reboot on linux 2.6 box. That caused
>
> > the OOPS.
>

> Was tethereal running at the time?
>

> - James
> --
> James Morris
> <jmorris@intercode.com.au>

Hi James,

Very good question. Unfortunately I don't remember!

I tried re-creating this OOPS but am unable to do so now after applying
Herbert's patch. Also, over the weekend, I upgraded from linux-2.6.0-
test1 (bk) to linux-2.6.0-test2 (bk). So the test bed itself has
changed a bit and the only thing that I can report conclusively is that
a kernel based on 2.6.0-test2 + Herbert's patch definitely does not
crash the way 2.6.0-test1 did. I tried rebooting with and without heavy
IPSec traffic, with and without tethereal running.

I do have yet another OOPS to report, but I am trying to capture the
OOPS backtrace. This one happens in case of a misconfiguration (tunnel
mode ESP on one side and transport mode ESP on the other). Once I am
able to recreate it successfully and capture the OOPS, I'll post it in
a seperate thread.

thanks,
Ranjeet.

--