Re: [OOPS] linux 2.6, lots of ipsec traffic while rebooting box.

From: Ranjeet Shetye (ranjeet.shetye2@zultys.com)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 19:03:49 EST

On 2003.07.28 18:12, Ranjeet Shetye wrote:

> I do have yet another OOPS to report, but I am trying to capture the
> OOPS backtrace. This one happens in case of a misconfiguration
> (tunnel mode ESP on one side and transport mode ESP on the other).
> Once I am able to recreate it successfully and capture the OOPS, I'll
> post it in a seperate thread.
>
> thanks,
> Ranjeet.

Sorry, I am not able to recreate this OOPS. This was actually the first
OOPS I ran into while configuring the VPN test setup. After this, I
added serial port console support into the kernel. Hence I have OOPS
reports for all subsequent OOPS, but not for this one.

If anyone else can re-create it, that would be great. Here's some
information:

* Original test bed for OOPS was linux-2.6.0-test1. Current test bed
(no OOPS) is linux-2.6.0-test2 + Herbert's patch.

* I had misconfigured the VPN setup with tunnel mode ESP on one end and
transport mode ESP on the other end. One side was 2.4.21 + IPSec
backport, and the other side was 2.6.0-test1.

thanks,
Ranjeet.

--
Ranjeet Shetye