tcp question

From: Kallol Biswas (kallol.biswas@efi.com)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 20:34:18 EST

Someone asked the following questions, I know there are many gurus on
the net:

on winsock:

1. How does an application determine send buffer when it issues send
call ?

2. Is there relation between send buffer and size of tcp receive window
as sent by the receiving end ?

3. If, in a packet trace, I see sender who puts a push bit after every
64K, does that mean that the sender uses a 64K send buffer
when he issued send call ?

4. Is the use of push bit in send call optional ?

5. Why would you do that in a non-interactive application ? (i.e. bulk
transfer: printing).