Re: [IPSEC] Use xfrm_rcv for xfrm tunnel packets

From: David S. Miller (davem@redhat.com)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 19:31:43 EST

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 21:33:24 +1000
Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au> wrote:

> This patch makes the xfrm_tunnel code use the same receive functions
> as other IPSEC tunnels.

Need something similar on the ipv6 side if we're going
to seriously consider this.

This is one of the reasons I've been not wanting to put this patch
into the tree. What "SPI" means is really a local property in the
xfrm{4,6}_tunnel() implementations, and thus each should feel free to
use whatever local representations they want.

So I did not want this knowledge inside of the generic xfrm_input.c
file as a result, and that's what you're doing here :(