Re: IPv6 - why skb->cb is not filled???

From: Suvidh Mathur (Suvidh.Mathur@lntinfotech.com)
Date: Thu Aug 14 2003 - 04:54:16 EST

Hi Adam,

skb->cb is used by IP protocols also. IPv6 stores struct inet6_skb_parm
(TCP stores struct tcp_skb_cb and inet6_skb_parm is a part of that)
in skb->cb.
Look at ipv6_rcv() where the device index is stored in skb->cb.

Maybe there is conflict between your driver and IPv6.

Regards
Suvidh

"Adam Flizikowski"
<adam_fli@xxxxxxxxxx To: <linux-net@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
t.pl> cc:
Sent by: Subject: IPv6 - why skb->cb is not filled???
linux-net-owner@vger
.kernel.org

14/08/2003 02:52 PM

Hello,

I have added packet numbering at driver level (8139too.c):
- after data is taken from eth and skb reserved i put a number
sprintf(skb->cb,"%lu",pkt_nr) which is ++'ed every pkt

later on, in ip6_input.c i try to read skb->cb and ... it is empty (or has
not proper value).

Whereas when i try to read skb->cb from ip_input.c (ipv4) it is properly
read.

Could you please advice me what can be wrong?

Does ipv6 uses header file other than skbuff.h ??? .. and thus different
skb
struct???

best regards

adam