8139too NAPI with kernel 2.4.23: still problems

From: Huber, Matthias S-RD-CP1 (Matthias.Huber@heidelberg.com)
Date: Tue Dec 16 2003 - 06:05:09 EST

Hello,
I still have got problems with the new 8139too NAPI driver.
On my network client, AMD K6-2 333MHz with 2.4.23 and 8139too NAPI, I no longer get "too much work at interrupt", but ifconfig still reports 1% (!) packet drops while cat'ing a file from nfs to /dev/null (help me: how do I better measure network performance?). From time to time I see a "nfs server not responding" in the syslog. Network performance is really slow, ~16 MBit/s while mii-tool says 100-TX-FD.
Corresponding server is a non-8139 Athlon XP 2000+ with 100MBit, in between a 100MBit switch. Server networking seems ok (tested from Windows, but with smb, not nfs).
Please, could anybody guess what my problem is?
Thanks alot,
Matthias Huber