Re: getnameinfo() and sa_len

From: Henrik Nordstrom
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 18:16:12 EST

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Jeroen Massar wrote:

> So what is up with the documentation, or better, how can I as an
> application programmer get a valid sa_len for getnameinfo() ? :)

If you want to be protocol neutral you should save the lenght from where
you got the sockaddr.

Ps. I agree that not having sockaddr->sa_len in userspace is quite silly,
and I don't see why this has not been addressed in glibc.

I do understand and agree to why it is not in the kernel API however.

Regards
Henrik