Re: [Question]: Buffer management in skbuff.c

From: David S. Miller
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 23:54:01 EST

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 20:30:36 -0700
"Charlie Brett" <cfb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Does anyone have an explaination/history on this? I would like to
> propose enhancing/changing it.

Good luck because I'm not likely to entertain such ideas. :-)

It's so that a user cannot generate a stream of 1 byte packets and only
get charged for 1 byte even though he is comsuming much more unswappable
memory in the system.

If you want to not have things get accounted this way, you may want to
consider using BSD for example :-) (actually, I think they do what we do
these days)