Re: Update via-rhine Kconfig entry
From: Roger Luethi
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 17:30:57 EST
On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 15:10:37 -0500, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Now that the BK snapshot is up, wanna send me a fix?
--- linux-2.6.3-bk9/drivers/net/Kconfig.orig 2004-02-27 23:13:22.589229163 +0100
+++ linux-2.6.3-bk9/drivers/net/Kconfig 2004-02-27 23:23:58.226498629 +0100
@@ -1676,25 +1676,23 @@
- If you have a VIA "rhine" based network card (Rhine-I (3043),
- Rhine-2 (VT86c100A) or Rhine-III (VT6105)), say Y here.
+ If you have a VIA "Rhine" based network card (Rhine-I (VT86C100A),
+ Rhine-II (VT6102), or Rhine-III (VT6105)), say Y here. Rhine-type
+ Ethernet functions can also be found integrated on South Bridges
+ (e.g. VT8235).
- To compile this driver as a module, choose M here and read
- <file:Documentation/networking/net-modules.txt>. The module
+ To compile this driver as a module, choose M here. The module
will be called via-rhine.
- bool "Use MMIO instead of PIO (EXPERIMENTAL)"
- depends on VIA_RHINE && EXPERIMENTAL
+ bool "Use MMIO instead of PIO"
+ depends on VIA_RHINE
This instructs the driver to use PCI shared memory (MMIO) instead of
programmed I/O ports (PIO). Enabling this gives an improvement in
processing time in parts of the driver.
- It is not known if this works reliably on all "rhine" based cards,
- but it has been tested successfully on some DFE-530TX adapters.
- If unsure, say N.
+ If unsure, say Y.
bool "Philips SAA9730 Ethernet support (EXPERIMENTAL)"