Re: a couple of comments on xfrm

From: Aidas Kasparas
Date: Wed Mar 24 2004 - 12:32:09 EST

John Williams Floroiu wrote:
2. "xfrm_policy_bysel" compares selectors using memcmp. however, if a policy rule from say 10.0.0.0/8 to 20.0.0.0/8 (protocol, etc.) has been established, I guess traffic from 10.1.1.1/32 to 20.2.2.2/32 (same protocol, etc.) must match it. I believe some functions similar to __xfrm4_selector_match/__xfrm6_selector_match would be required here.

John,

Take a note where xfrm_policy_bysel() is used. Quick grep over source gave:
pfkey_spddelete()@net/key/af_key.c
xfrm_get_policy()@net/xfrm/xfrm_user.c

In first place user has requested to remove policy specified by policy description via PF_KEY interface. In second place - user has requested to get information about policy (and optionally remove it) from policy list via xfrm interface.

In both of these cases policy should be matched exactly and therefore present code is corect. This function is not used and is not intended to be used to find out if some traffic matches selector.

--
Aidas Kasparas
IT administrator