Stopping sendmail from relaying mail for user%somedomain.com@mydomain.com

From: Santosh Narayanan
Date: Sat Mar 27 2004 - 00:43:49 EST

Hi,

I use sendmail 8.11.6 on a Redhat Linux system (kernel 2.4.20). I find that
even with relay checking enabled, sendmail is relaying email for addresses
which are formatted as follows,

To: user%somedomain.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx

where "mydomain.com" is my local host name.

If someone were to try relaying email to user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx - it is
rejected as per my relaying rules. But if someone uses the "%" technique it
passes through the relaying rules and gets relayed anyway.

I would appreciate any help I could get in preventing sendmail from doing
this (perhaps even by completely stop accepting "%" in the recipient
field?).

Thanks in advance,
-- Santosh