Re: Kernel panic due to NF_IP_LOCAL_OUT handler calling itself again

From: Henrik Nordstrom
Date: Fri Mar 04 2005 - 21:46:01 EST

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, Vinay Reddy wrote:

In my local_out_handler, I cruft the source routing header, route the
packet using ip_route_output (which causes an arp request to be send).
And then call the output routine passed to me by netfilter (okfn).

This may be unrelated but if I am not mistaken you need to increase the refcount (skb_get) of the skb if you want it to surive after returning NF_DROP.

NF_STOLEN -> the skbuff (including reference) has been stolen by the handler. Just indicate success to the upper layer.

NF_DROP -> the skbuff should be dropped. Free the skbuff and return error to the upper layer.

Regards
Henrik