Re: Do you know the linux TCP stack?

From: Vincent Guffens
Date: Sat Mar 05 2005 - 11:47:02 EST

Zdenek Radouch wrote:
I ran out of ideas. Can't find the answers in any docs,
and I don't have time to read and analyze the source right now.

I will hire you to help me; I need the following to be done in
my net device driver:

With the ARP disabled (this is well documented so I believe I've done that),
while queueing the physical output, I need to get hold of the IP address
of where the packet is being sent. Yes, I mean IP address, not
Ethernet address, and yes this is not the destination addresses in
the IP header.

can you not use the routing table ? In a normal setup, either the network part of your destination IP matches the network part of a directly connected network and the address your are looking for is the destination IP in the packet or it does not match and the next IP is the IP of the gateway found by routing.

Is it what you are looking for ?

--
Vincent Guffens
PhD Student UCL/CESAME