Re: Do you know the TCP stack? (127.x.x.x routing)

From: jamal
Date: Mon Mar 07 2005 - 07:15:04 EST

On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 03:05, Eran Mann wrote:
> Zdenek Radouch wrote:
> >
> > 2) If it does require kernel hacking, would you like to do it for me?
> > (as I had said, as a contract)
> I think what Andi Kleen was talking about below is something like the
> attached 5 minutes patch (applies cleanly to 2.4.2x kernels I have at
> hand, and to 2.6.11 with minor offset). Please donate the 5 minute wages
> to the OSDL or the FSF at your choice ;-)

That should do it. Or you can even return false in the macro always for
his case - since he will never have a lo device.

However, using these addresses is a BAD BAD idea. A lot of other
machines will be expecting 127.x to mean something speacial. I dont
think you should ask the poster for wages, he will suffer enough with
ARPs etc ;->

What is so wrong with RFC198 addresses??

cheers,
jamal