Re: HELP:DNS cache

From: Henrik Nordstrom
Date: Thu Apr 14 2005 - 07:11:48 EST

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Wei Dong wrote:

I want to test dns server from client pc.And we know client pc(OS Linux) has a DNS cache, it saves the lastest DNS resolution messages,and it will influence my test result.

So i want to know how to empty the DNS cache in client pc(OS Linux).

Two ways to do what you are looking for:

a) Query DNS directly, bypassing the name service cache. For example the bind-utils (host, dig, nslookup)

b) Restart the name service cache (nscd) to flush the cache.

Regards
Henrik