Wireless on Linux

From: Vinay Venkataraghavan
Date: Sat Aug 13 2005 - 17:35:19 EST

Hello,

My apologies if this is not the right forum to post
this message. But here goes...

I have a Sony Vaio PCG K23 laptop. I am trying to get
my wireless card working on linux. I am running
Mandrake 10.0

The card that I have is LAN Express IEEE 802.11g
miniPCI wireless card.

Which driver would I need for this card. I read on a
website that the chipset for this card is Orinoco and
as a result I need the orinoco_pci driver.

But on another place it mentions that the chip set for
this card is the Prism 2/2/5/3 chipset and would
therefore need the linux-wlan-ng driver.

I would appreciate it if you could let me know which
chipset this card uses and the subsequent driver that
I need.

Cisco also has a driver for this card.

Thanks,
Vinay