Re: filtering packets at interface

From: Ronny
Date: Sun Aug 14 2005 - 07:41:20 EST

Then you need to think about frames not packets implying that you won't work with IP/TCP but MAC addresses.What do you mean by type?If you mean the one I know I don't think if you will succeed at that layer but I belive in discovery ;-)
Ronny

dileep reddy wrote:

hi,
I want to know the method to catch packets at the device.
Essentially, I want to filter packets based on the types(I have a
custom header with type in that) at the interface rather than doing
the same at the network layer. One can use netfilter hooks to capture
packets at network layer; is there any way to mangle them at the
interface itself?
Thank you