Re: Multi boot kernels

From: Henrik Nordstrom
Date: Sat Sep 10 2005 - 18:13:09 EST

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005, Vinay Venkataraghavan wrote:

I am interested in knowing how to do is install a
newer version on a kernel while still keeping the old
kernel.

Lets say I currently have Linux kernel v 2.4
and I would like to install Linux kernel v2.6. But I
would like to have it in a multiboot format where grub
gives me both options at boot time and I choose which
one I want to boot into.

This is usually the default.

Just create one boot entry per kernel in your grub config. The config is most likely in /boot/grub/grub.conf.

On several distributions this is even automated for you when you install the new kernel.

Regards
Henrik